Saturday, August 21, 2010

Has it actually arrived?

After waiting two and a half months, it appears summer just may visit Alameda after all!

I was showing property Thursday morning and for a moment I thought I was coming down with something. It was then I realized the sun was out, the skies were blue, the wind was almost non-existent. I was so excited I actually stopped mid-sentence to announce I was warm! I'd almost forgotten what it was like to stand and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin, it was wonderful. I then actually looked up, and there it was, that beautiful robins egg blue sky with bright white clouds sailing along. I'd been walking around with my nose to the ground and arms tightly wrapped around myself just trying to avoid the chill of the wind for so long, I couldn't remember the last time I'd just taken the time to enjoy a summer sky.

Of course we keep waking to those grey skies and it seemed the fog came in as cold as ever this evening, but I'm going to keep the faith and believe the sun will win again tomorrow. Besides, it has to. Pirates in Paradise is finally here and we all deserve to have some real fun at the Waterfront. Don't forget to head over and take a spin out on the Estuary. I can't get there until the afternoon so I'm hoping I won't miss the Police Department take on the Fire Department to see who gets to claim the Estuary as their own. Of course the fact that the organizers announced the event will benefit the Alameda Education Foundation only makes it sweeter. So come on sun, don't let me down!!

* * * * *

Mark your calendars! September 26th marks this years' Alameda Legacy Tour and it should be exceptional. Eight extraordinary homes will be available for viewing; each having gone through an amazing renovation and restoration process. Homes will be open between 11 and 5 with refreshments served in one of the lovely garden settings. By the time you've finished you'll understand one of the reasons being a Realtor in Alameda is such a great job.

The Legacy Tour is self-guided so you can start at anytime and visit the homes in whatever order you'd like.  The tour is hosted by the Alameda Architectural Preservation Society and the Alameda Museum. Tickets can be purchased in advance online for $30. You'll receive the official tour guide with your purchase.

* * * * *

Now I need you all to wish me luck. I'm headed to Margie and Don Sherratt's Annual Blackjack Tournament benefiting the Boys and Girls Club. It's been awhile since I've played but last I checked I can still add up to 21. Still, I wonder if they allow you to use your Blackberry at the table, that calculator app certainly comes in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment